Welcome to SHOTO, the Shotokan Traditional Karate Organisation (UK). SHOTO was started by Hanshi Mick Randall MBE, 9th Dan in 1996 to provide Shotokan karate. We have karate clubs that run both beginners and advanced traditional karate classes for both children and adults. SHOTO also provides specialist karate books through Kirby Publishing, and discounted SHOTO karate training equipment.
If you're considering taking up traditional Shotokan karate, derived from Master Kanazawa, we run beginners courses at various venues such as North London Karate Club, Muswell Hill and Winchmore Hill at various times throughout the year. The karate classes consist of traditional, non-contact Shotokan karate - suitable for men, women and children - taught in small groups by some of the most experienced black belts in the UK. You even get a free Karate suit with your first grading.
New Beginners Course - June 2017
at our Winchmore Hill club.
Beginners Course Starts 6 June 2017
- Starts 6 June, ends 25 July
- 12 lesson course containing blocks, strikes, kicks and first kata
- No special clothing or equipment necessary
- Small groups taught by experienced black belts
- First 4 lessons free
- Lessons thereafter £10/session
- Free grading at end of course
- Friendly and welcoming club with an active social scene.
- Hanshi Mick Randall, 9th dan was honoured for his long and exemplary services to Karate, by being presented with an MBE in the Queen's Brithday Honours.
- We currently have all Kirby Publishing, and SHOTO Publishing books in stock.
- North London Karate Club is now established permanently at Our Lady of Muswell RC Primary School for both Thursday and Sunday training.
- There is a children's karate club at North London Karate Club and Winchmore Hill Dojo.